Twitnest opens with a blank page and a simple box. Enter your Twitter username. Then watch the magic happen. I don’t even want to screenshot it and ruin what it does.
So stop reading here and go play, then come back and see what we say.. We will wait.
It started building the visualization fairly quickly (well until we send a ton of people there I imagine). It then started interconneting everyone. I have seen sites do this before, but this adds some flair.
- You can zoom in and out on the right side
- Drag anyone around to get a better idea of their connections
- See everyone that connects to each other
- Play with auto-groups (see below)
- Drag the page around to see more
You have types of modes in the bottom right.
- Mouse allows you to drag the page or items on the page
- Who knows whom lets you click someone and it darkens those not connected and highlights those connected
- Autogroup – this cool tool starts shrinking the communities into groups with a slider where you control the size and colors the icons for easier vision
This is a fun tool that lets you see connections in a different way and visualize the little micro-communities (my previous posting on that topic)