Here we go again. FriendMePlease sent me a tweet when our posting on TweeterAdder went out yesterday and people complained of the spam it generated. So here is what was different and what scared me on this one. One thing they say they won’t do is post any tweets to your account.
Different: Once you sign up with this service, you follow everyone else in the service and they follow you. You can decide at any time later to unfollow whomever doesn’t fit your needs. However it appears new members might be added later when they sign up.
- There is no help file or listing
- There is no About page or contact information
- You have no way of knowing how many people will follow you and you will automatically follow
- If there are thousands in here it could take days to untangle a mess of new people you follow
- I do not see any way to cancel using the site except to change your password
- They are not using oAuth, so you have to give your username and password
I think you get the idea. There are some holes in the theory of why you would just want to build followers and also how the heck the site runs and operates. But we don’t discriminate and listed them anyway.