ReadTwit snuck up on me and captured my attention quickly with the capabilities it has. Here is what it does for you:
- You allow ReadTwit access via oAuth to what you follow
- It finds all tweets with URL links inside
- URL shorteners are put back into full links
- All the links are compared and duplicates are removed.
- The cleaned stream of links is presented in RSS for you to put in your feed reader
- You can now quickly see all links shared to you quickly and efficiently
Just reading that, evaluate the benefit, I’ll wait. I bet you already signed up.
Once I authorized the service, I was able to control settings and filters, which surprised me even more. I could:
- hide specific people
- ignore specific hashtags
- get the full or partial feed
- control the time update
Quite impressive. I could also place the feed into my reader with a simple click or choose to just get the feed link itself. I moved it to my Google Reader and then use Feedly to keep up. A must have for those that want to see links from your stream at your leisure and act on them.