Avartize is a cool service that allows you to put layers on your avatar to show a change in status (like meeting, away or whatever) or simply support a good cause.
The steps to engage with the service were easy. Simply log in, choose an overlay and then change it! You can always revert to the original avatar (reset feature) from their system as well as change the overlay itself.
They have a tab showing the recent overlays and most seem to be the flames or small logos in the corner. If you want to make changes often to your avatar this might be the service for you.
Some of the requirements:
- They have their own login system so you will need to create an account.
- You will need to provide your Twitter credentials so they can work with your avatar
- You will need some transparent images to make overlays work well, if you don’t want their pre-configured ones
- Do not use copyrighted or trademarked materials
- Don;t have bad karma or they may cancel your account 🙂 (it really says that in the Terms of Service)