Twivert allows you to get paid for clicks of ads that run through your twitter stream. To entice you they give a $5 signup bonus right away.
Now saying all of that they do give you some finer controls over any other advertiser site:
- limit the number of tweets per day
- limit the time of day ad tweets are sent
- pre-approve ad tweets before they are sent
Advertisers only get charged when the tweets are sent and people are only paid when they are sent. Yet there are some concerns.
- They do not use oAuth for authentication, so you are basically providing your username and password to them.
- There is no information on cancellation and removal of your information from their system
- There is no published controls of what kind of ads get placed in your stream
- There is no control of the linking service that is utilized to pass the sponsor information
I know everyone is trying to find ways to monetize, but this site has some growing to do before I feel comfortable logging in and testing it at all.