TwInbox is an add-on for Microsoft Outlook users with what appears to be some promising features. At 490k and a free application, this could bring more poeple scared of how to work with Twitter right into the mix.
- Update your Twitter status directly from Outlook.
- Receive your friend updates in Outlook.
- Archive, manage, group and search your tweets the
same way you manage your email (details).
- Search, track keywords. TwInbox will automatically download ALL tweets matching the keywords you specify, even if you are not following the tweet sender. This feature is perfect for keeping up to date with the Twitter buzz on your name, brand, interests, etc.
- Group tweets by sender, topic, etc using the Search feature.
- Upload and post picture files and Outlook email attachments.
- See new tweets at a glance (details).
- Assign custom folder and categories to new messages.
- Use Outlook’s “Reply” and “ReplyAll” commands to send twitter direct messages and @replies.
- Automatically sort new tweets into per-sender folders.
- Shorten URLs with tinyurl.
- See graphs of your Twitter usage statistics.
- Tweets sent to you (@replies and direct) are marked with high importance, so you can see them at a glance.
From the screenshots, it seamlessly hooks right into the client allowing anyone to work in Twitter as they would email in Outlook. I say to give this one a shot, the graphing capability and ability to manage images looked great also.