TwitIQ snuck up through a referrer that was in Spanish back to us here at EverythingTwitter. Anything that makes us look smarter we want to see. What I saw was an alternate web interface. They add in some cool features they highlight themselves:
– Full Twitter View/Update features
– Keyword & Topic Insight into Tweets
– Filters for Tweet streams
– User Profiles with Keyword & Topic Insight
– Integrated Twitter and Blog/News Search
– Support for Multiple Twitter accounts
You do log in with your Twitter username and password (no OAuth yet), so the normal precautions apply. I went ahead and logged in for you as usual.
Right away I liked what I saw. Conversations were thrown together to see easy threading. A tag cloud on the right. Hot retweets of some recent time a bit farther down.
I can view:
- All tweets
- mentions of me
- retweets – shows retweets from anyone you follow, not of your tweets
- questions – interesting as it pulls those you follow that ask questions
- URL’s – shows tweets with urls included
- hot hashtag topics
I am finding little things here and there as I spend more time in the client now. it basically overlays your page on Twitter so you see your own background behind it. There is a search ability in the upper right, a simple search, not advanced.
Just before I hit publish I found that bit.ly and other shortening URL’s are expanded for you in a lower window to show you where you are headed or to click direct. Very nice.