Twebevent is a cool tool for those wishing to have conversations around hashtags, interviews or other interests. There are a few features that both attendees and hosts can utilize
- Go directly to an event through a custom event URL
- Use your existing Twitter account to chat with other attendees during the event
- List events that match your keyword interests (coming soon in august)
- Find events that match your keywords interests (coming soon)
- Link twebevent reminders to your own calendar (coming soon)
- Customize for your own Host account, video/audio stream, and Twitter hashtag
- Add, Edit, or Delete events at any time
- List your event in the twebevent calendar for additional exposure
- Private event option if you want to keep your own invite list
I tested the interface using the oAuth login and was able to see my own past (none yet) and pending events. I could also create a new event based around an upcoming webcast. I was able to add a header, video and other media and even set the dates and times.
Multiple tags could be brought in and I was shown as the host with my Twitter profile. I was able to feature or block users, which gives priority to those wanting to have a panel or speakers. Other controls allows me to change font and refresh speeds.
This is an excellent tool for hosting events around specific hashtags and provide a more structured approach.